So I was tagged. Not by my 11 year old daughter or 13 year old son, but by the beautiful Laurel Mayer. She's asked me to list "10 Things You Don't Know About Me."
1. I was in the Air Force for 20 years. I joined in 1987 in Reno Nevada, and ultimately retired in 2007 at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa Florida. Since those 20 years are pretty much the most interesting of my life so far, events during those years will be in this top 10 list.
2. I was working 11 September 2001. I was dropping off broken computers when the first plane hit one of the World Trade Center towers. Everyone thought it was this horrible accident, until the second plane hit. I wonder how awful it must be for anyone directly involved to see footage, because I was thousands of miles away and still can not watch footage on television. More about that day can be read in an earlier blog post.
3. I met my husband while in the Air Force. I had just arrived, and he had just returned home from a a deployment to Saudi Arabia. We met in October and were married by March, that was 18+ years ago. There's more to this story, see my blog post. :)
4. Someone tried to buy me while I was deployed to Saudi Arabia, on my honeymoon. See my blog post.
5. I met a top New York agent while in NY for a conference, she invited me to a get-together at her agency for the next day. It was like going to an Oscar party, only for the who's who of the publishing industry. :) See my blog post.
6. I nearly died giving birth to my son. At one point I looked over and admired the basket of strawberries--they turned out to be blood-soaked gauze. Too much info?
7. I've been to Reno NV, California, Korea, South Carolina, Saudi Arabia, Italy, Florida, and Qatar. All have their own interesting stories, again--see my blog. :)
8. I've written a 60,000+ romantic suspense novel set in Reno Nv. I'm on my last major revision.
9. I love squid. I ate it for the first time while stationed in Korea.
10. My favorite book is Pride and Predjudice, and I love thunder storms.