Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Do you like to be scared? JAustenwannabe Presents: The Key to Everything by Alex Kimmell.

The Key to Everything
by Alex Kimmell
Cracked and weathered binding, hiding mysteries on pages tied closed by a bloodstained string. A happy young family enchanted by dreams and possibilities. A barren, empty room. A boy with no friends obsessively drawing angles, edges and diagrams.
 
In his debut novel, Alex Kimmell captures a vivid and startling tale of fear. Auden’s journey begins when he discovers a curious leather-bound book whose contents will soon endanger his entire family. The pages of this book draw him into a prison that cannot be breached, a place that can only be unlocked with a very special key.
 
In The Key to Everything, fear is explored and heightened through jarring imagery and a terrifying, unique menace, ratcheting up the tension until the novel’s gripping climax.
 
 
 
 
Bio: Alex Kimmell
I grew up in Los Angeles in the heady days when kids could still trick-or-treat outside, instead of walking around from store to store inside the safety of sterile shopping malls. We could run around and play with our friends without much thought of being shot or kidnapped on our skateboards. Even though I grew up in a safe environment, I still had nightmares. And I welcomed them. I enjoyed reading stories of monsters and ghosts lurking in the shadows, loved the terror and suspense of good scary movies, and constantly daydreamed that something horrible awaited me around every street corner in my beautifully manicured suburban neighborhood.
 
When I wasn’t reading I played music. It took over my life. It provided me the ticket to an education, the ability to see some of the world, and was how I met my future wife while playing a gig at an Irish pub in Santa Monica.
 
I was always writing something. I scribbled down a poem here, wrote a song there. There were ideas for stories running through my head at all times of the day or night. Eventually my wife suggested I take writing fiction more seriously, since it featured so prominently as a creative outlet for me. 
 
I compiled a handful of short story ideas and came up with a few concepts for longer works. I even started a blog (everythinghappenstomeshuh.blogspot.com). By chance, I reconnected with an old friend through a social media network. She happened to be in the publishing industry, and after reading some of my work, she asked if I’d be interested in finishing my story, The Key to Everything, for release by Booktrope.
 
                             The Key to Everything is available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and iTunes.
 
 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment