Sunday, October 23, 2011

JAustenwannabe Presents: An interview w/Katherine O'Brian MC of Risky Romance

MK: So Katherine, you've had a rough year?

KO: Oh, I don't even know where to start MaryAnn.

MK: How about your break up?

KO: Yeah, that was hard. I really didn't see it coming. I mean, I knew things weren't good between us. He was working late every night, he was downright cold sometimes when I tried to kiss him. On some level I knew he was cheating, I just didn't want to face it.

MK: How did you find out?

KO: He told me he didn't want to be married anymore, but I knew there was someone else. I even had an idea who it was.

MK: Wow, that's really rough, but things got a lot worse didn't they?

KBO: Yes, I was devastated, and completely unprepared for what happened next. three days after I found out he was cheating, I was notified both my parents were dead.

MK: Oh my god. What did you do next?

KO: What could I do? I had to move back to Reno. I was the executer of their wills. I had to notify everyone, take care of the funeral arrangements, and pack up the house.

MK: Did you have any help? Don't you have a sister?

KO: Yes, one sister, Amy. Until just a week ago, she refused to come out. All she cared about was what they'd left her. Now she's here, to pick the house clean. Vulture.

MK: That's just terrible. Misfortune seems like your middle name, didn't something else happen recently?

KO: What? Oh you want to hear about the night that woman was killed. Well, aside from witnessing a murderer and his victim, I'm swell. He chased me, but obviously and thank god, I got away.

MK: That's a lot of drama Katherine. Surely you have something positive to tell us? Did I hear there was a new man in your life?

KO: That's an exaggeration MaryAnn. Yes, I've met a man, his name is Scott and between you and me he's gorgeous, but we're not going out or anything. I'm taking a college course, he's my partner. Honestly, I don't know when I'll be ready to date again. I'm kind of disgusted with men right now. Scott's great, but I get the impression he's in no big hurry for romance either.

MK: Well it sounds like life might be getting back to normal for you.

KO: Not exactly.

MK: Why do you say that?

KO: Because MaryAnn, and I know this will sound crazy, I'm pretty sure someone is trying to kill me.


MK: Watch for the next installment of my interview with Katherine O'Brian.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Katherine has certainly been through the mill. If they didn't live so far apart, she could meet up with my heroine - they seem to have a fair bit in common!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well isn't that just like a soap opera. Just when it was getting good. LOL.

    ReplyDelete