Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Writing

Sometimes I'd sit at my computer watching the cursor blnk and I'd think, I'm never gonna finish this book. But then other times, the words would just flow and I'd write for hours with just small breaks. I did a lot of my writing at a nearby Barnes and Noble. I'd go to their cafe and get coffee and a scone, so I didn't feel like a loiterer. I'd sit at the counter that faced the window. I'd get there as soon as they opened at 9:00 a.m. and stay until at least one. When I finished and did a word count, sometimes having written two or three of thousand words, I'd have such a satisfied feeling, so accomplished.

I need to remember to put Joe into the acknowledgements. He was/is a barista there and was just so friendly. One morning, I was setting up and he brought me my coffee and scone--I hadn't even ordered yet. I just thought that was so cool, that he remembered what I got every morning, it's not like I'm his only customer.

Once my book is published, I want to do a book signing there, if only to go say hi to Joe and say, look I made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment